Track Time Off for Employees, Manage PTO Accruals and Balances Customizable Formulas and Events, more!
Tracking Paid Time Off is important! Allowing or tolerating Time Off abuse is a common mistake among businesses, and one that costs you money! Every extra day that is taken costs your company hundreds of dollars in direct labor costs. Tracking and managing Time Off, when left to managers’ discretion, is error prone, time consuming, cumbersome, and often ignored. But you already know this, or you wouldn’t be here…
TrackStar Time Off for Small Business Software is a comprehensive and affordable system for managing and tracking Paid Time Off for employees. Using TrackStar, managing PTO is fast, easy and accurate. The system is a 100% web based ASP solution that is hosted by Internal Systems. All you need is a browser to run the software!
To fit the needs of the broadest range of customers, TrackStar is available in two editions. The Enterprise Edition is used by employees and managers alike, to enter requests, check balances, and to review PTO history. Approvals are performed online, with email notifications of pending requests.
The Small Business Edition offers many of the Enterprise edition features, but is used centrally by a manager or administrator to enter time for employees, rather than employees entering it themselves.
The sections that follow describe features of TrackStar PTO/SB product, and show sample screens to help you understand its’ capabilities
Request More Information
You access TrackStar by clicking on a browser link. The system provides multiple levels of security and encryption, so your data is safe and secure.
Administrators log on to TrackStar using their unique ID and password. Once signed on, a menu system is presented that reflects the capabilities that have been granted to them. Though simple to use, multiple levels of help are provided to assist users if needed.
Entering Paid Time Off
Administrators use this form to enter time taken by employees. For example, if an employee calls in sick, you would want to track the event by entering unscheduled time off.
Once time has been entered, a permanent record is created and balances are adjusted.
Time can be entered as a full or half day, or by system preference, in hours. Defining the event types, such as Vacation or Sick time, is a system setup function.
The information immediately affects employee balances when entered.
The system calculates and maintains balances on multiple Time Off events that you setup. The balance form includes historical information, showing every credit or debit to the balance. The system also supports balance adjustments, which can be used to make adjustments when needed.
The balance form is configurable at installation time. You can choose from numerous “buckets” that are maintained on each account, such as Current Balance, Year End Balance, etc. You can choose to display information in hours or days, and choose various other totals for display.
Extended leaves are another type of time off. The system supports tracking of extended leaves, such as Military leave or FMLA, by entering the start and end dates of the leave period. During leaves, you may choose to suspend accruals of PTO earnings, as defined by your company policy.
TrackStar is a comprehensive PTO tracking application, and includes features not found in many competitive products!
Determining Department Coverage
Often managers need to know who will be in (or out) for a specific period, such as Thanksgiving holidays, or other times when many employees are requesting time off. TrackStar provides forms to check for conflicts, and to display employees who are requesting time off for a selected month. Managers use this to determine if adequate employee coverage is available for selected dates.
Making Balance Adjustments
It is sometimes necessary to make adjustments to employee balances when special events occur. For example, if an employee worked a regularly scheduled company holiday, you could compensate them by giving them an extra day of vacation time.
The adjustment tool can be used for this purpose, as well as handling other similar events that require balance adjustments.
The system includes a formula builder, which is used to define your company policies in the system. Once defined, the system tracks accruals for the defined events , such as PTO, Vacation, Sick, etc. You are free to define as many events needed to implement your policy. Also, you may define different accrual rules or formulas, and assign them to employees as needed. For example, a Standard Policy might grant 10 days per year for the first 5 years of employment. An Executive policy might grant 15 days over the same period. You use the system to create the policies, and then link the policy to employees. This extremely flexible and adaptable solution can be tailored to your business rules without programming!
Numerous reports are included in the Small Business software to assist managers and administrators in tracking balances, and various other statistics. All reports are exportable to Excel, and can be further manipulated, distributed, or archived. Reports can also be scheduled to run on planned intervals, and are delivered via email to specified recipients.
In the event that a special view of the data is needed, TrackStar includes a report writer that you can use to develop reports. User defined reports are automatically integrated with the system, and appear in menus as standard reports do. ISC also offers customization services, if you prefer to contract for custom reports.
TrackStar includes a robust set of administration tools to help you configure and tailor the system. You use the admin tools to load and maintain employee, department, and various other data tables in the system. It also includes a scheduling tool that can be used to generate background jobs or tasks, such as data extracts and reports. For example, you can setup a job so that balance information is automatically sent to your payroll vendor monthly.
|Department Maintenance||Define your company’s organizational structure.|
|Employee Maintenance||Enter and maintain the employees who use the software.|
|Holiday Maintenance||Define your company holidays.|
|Balance Maintenance||Enter starting balances for Time Off “accounts”.|
|Event Maintenance||Define Time Off Events.|
|Formula Maintenance||Define your business rules related to accruals.|
|Report Maintenance||Create custom reports.|
|Schedule Maintenance||Setup jobs to run at preset intervals.|
|Security Maintenance||Define employee access to system functions.|
|System Preferences Maintenance||Setup operational preferences.|
|User Field Maintenance||Define custom fields to extend TrackStar.|
|User Code Maintenance||Enter coded fields for choice lists.|
ISC provides world-class support for its small business software. When you have a question or problem, our staff provides the answers you need, when you need them. The support fees are built-in to the monthly fee, which include updates, bug fixes, and periodic enhancements.
|ASP Support – Included with ASP plan.|
|Per-Incident Support – Provides support on a per-call basis.|
|Training Services – Administrative training for TrackStar.|
|* A service call quota is determined based on your monthly ASP fee.|
Paid Time Off Software Attributes
- 100% web based software.
- Available as an in-house solution or as an ASP (SaaS) service.
- Customizable through preference settings.
- Scalability from a few users to thousands of users.
- Comprehensive, affordable time off tracking solution.
- Point-and-click interface makes learning easy.
- Simple wizard based implementation, virtually maintenance free.
Paid Time Off Software Features
- Supports entry of scheduled and unscheduled time off.
- Supports multiple events, such as Vacation, Sick, Choice Time, or PTO.
- Calculates balances for one or many events.
- Handles different work days and accrual formulas automatically.
- Handles multiple holiday lists, multiple event lists, and multiple balance formats. Highly customizable!
- Calculates earnings or accruals based upon your company’s business rules.
- Provides tools for entering adjustments to balances.
- Provides tools for managing leaves, such as FMLA.
- Provides tools to detect and warn when employee PTO conflicts arise, which would affect coverage.
- Provides numerous built-in reports, and includes a report writer you use to generate your own custom reports.
- Provides a full suite of administration tools for system setup and ongoing maintenance.
- Supports data extract in popular formats for interfacing with other systems.
- Supports approvals via email (Blackberry, IPhone, Android, etc.)
- Interfaces with your email system to notify managers and employees of requests and approvals.
- Interfaces with your Outlook calendar.
- Supports Spanish language for employee functions.
Features Common to all TrackStar Modules
- Ability to automatically syncronize employee information with external systems
- Ability to link to Active Directory for single logon.
- Supports multiple cultures.
- Supports multiple web browsers.
- TrackStar is built using the latest Microsoft .Net technology. For in-house installs, it requires a Windows based server, with IIS and SQL Server. For ASP installs, the only thing required is a browser!
- Eliminates overpayment of PTO or employee abuse. The system pays for itself!
- Know exactly what employee PTO balances are, and have a complete audit trail of how balances are derived.
- Know your PTO liability.
- 100% web based. Nothing to install or purchase. Just load and go!go!
- PTO Small Business is used by administrators (or HR managers) to enter Time Off information for employees. This low-cost solution is offered only as an ASP.
- Various support and service options available to ensure your ongoing success.
Time Off Software Pricing
TrackStar PTO Small Business is priced on a per Active user basis. An active user is one who has been entered in to the system who the administrator can enter data for. Employees who terminate can be marked inactive, and no longer consume one of your licenses.
Administrative user licenses are assigned to the administrators who enter data into the system. These are the only employees who can log on.
|PTO Users||Administrative Users||Monthly ASP Price|
|Other||See below, or call.|
- Prices are for the Small Business Edition only. Enterprise pricing will be quoted on request.
- Pricing is based upon approximately $1 per PTO user per month, and $25 per administrative user per month.
- Setup fees start at $250.
- Multiple training options are also provided.
- Fill out an information request form by following the Request Information link. A sales representative will contact you and can provide additional information, and pricing specific to your configuration.
- Request a demonstration so you can experience TrackStar first hand. ISC will guide you through the system, and point out its features and capabilities.
- Confirm configuration, pricing and obtain approvals.
- Review and execute our standard ASP or License agreement.
- Begin using TrackStar!
ISC makes getting started fast and easy. A complete planning guide is provided to assist you with your data collection and policy definition tasks. Once information has been gathered, you use the administration functions of TrackStar to enter/import data. Excel templates are provided to help you organize your data and to simplify import. You can be up-and-running in a few days!Request InformationLearn about ISCLearn about other ISC ProductsVisit ISC’s home page